Monday, March 7, 2011

Cosmetics Splurge: Part 1


Happy Monday friends! Did you have a good weekend? I spent mine in Toronto with two great friends. We saw Lady Gaga in concert, shopped, and ate a ton of delicious food. It was also really nice to spend some quality time catching up and talking in our hotel room.

I had been saving up some shopping money for a few months so that I could splurge guilt free this past weekend. I ended up spending the majority of it on cosmetics! Although I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't find more clothes to buy, I'm really happy with the purchases that I did make!

My favorite buy of the weekend was at Holt Renfrew. I invaded the Burberry counter and came away with two gorgeous new eyeshadows and a brilliant mascara. My friend M, from Little Blond Bird, is the one who got me hooked on their makeup in the first place. She bought me the Khaki eyeshadow for Christmas, and I've been promoting their cosmetics ever since! The eyeshadows are velvety and soft, and so full of pigment that you barely need any to cover your entire eyelid.

I bought Antique Rose and Midnight Plum eyeshadows, and Midnight Black mascara.

My makeshift beauty display on our hotel bed:
Midnight Plum Eyeshadow, Antique Rose Eyeshadow, and Midnight Black Mascara.
They also gave me a sample pack of other items which you can see in the back!

Display of Burberry eyeshadows.


Antique Rose


Midnight Plum

Midnight Black Mascara

2 comments:

  1. How is the Burberry Mascara? I am on an eternal quest to best my Loreal Voluminous and it just doesn't happen. I have covered all ends of the spectrum up to the $40 mark..thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! It's thick like L'Oreal Voluminous, and makes the lashes really volumized and super black. Plus, you know how some mascaras suck for the first week or two until they thicken up? This one is amazing right from the first day. I vote that you splurge on this one :)

    ReplyDelete